The Arizona Thoroughbred Breeders Association (ATBA) is a 501 (c) (5) non-profit organization.
It was established in 1958 and ever since is dedicated to:
- Encourage agriculture and improve the quality of the Thoroughbred breed in Arizona;
- Assist ATBA members with breeding, raising and racing Thoroughbred horses;
- Promote public interest, acceptance and goodwill for the industry, the sport and the association;
- Work for improved relationships between racetrack management and ATBA members;
- Conduct Thoroughbred horse sales, auctions and other fund raising activities;
- Offer seminars, programs, publications and other services to educate and benefit its members;
- Support legislation at the federal and state level to grow the breeding and racing industry.